When it comes to making new friends, everybody could use some help – even our dogs! In this video, we show you how to introduce your dog to a new dog properly.
Watch to learn more!
Here are a few of the simple steps to introduce two dogs
If at any point either of the dogs show signs of aggression, stop the activity immediately.
- Always have treats on hand
- Start by having the dogs stand two or three meters away from each other so they can see each other but not interact physically.
- Begin walking the dogs in parallel lines to each other, at each turn bring the dogs a little closer together.
- Once the dogs are close enough to each other, allow them to smell one another, this is the strongest way dogs experience the world.
- If the dogs seem calm and happy, allow them to continue meeting each other and reward them with a treat.
There you have it! We hope you can take these tips into your neighbourhoods and doggy-parks and make some new friends.
Let us know what you think of the video in the comments below! You can also share with us your video ideas; you never know, we might create our next video based on your idea!