2018 is over and we are SO ready for a new year and another National Cupcake Day™!
Here are a few ways you can support National Cupcake Day™ in support of SPCA’s and Humane Societies across Canada this year!
Ways to support National Cupcake Day™
- Students: Run a bake sale at your school! Your friends and teachers will love the baked goods, and you’ll love seeing support roll in for animals in need!
- Create a team with family and friends: Get ready for National Cupcake Day™ by setting up your team now and start fundraising!
- Purchase cupcakes from your local Ontario SPCA to thank friends or co-workers: See if you local Ontario SPCA animal centre is selling cupcakes, then buy some for friends or co-workers.
Tips for fundraising at work:
Host a party
Email your co-workers to tell them about the event you’re planning.
- Promote the event in your workplace with posters supplied in your Host Kit or on our resources page.
- Host a raffle or auction with prizes donated by your company.
- Have an old fashioned bake-off based on taste, creativity and skill.
- Challenge another department or floor to see who can raise the most donations for the animals. The winner gets bragging rights!
Organize a bake sale
Who doesn’t like a good bake sale? Bake some treats for your co-workers, and let them know in advance so they can prepare to donate for the goodies!
Try having different departments hold National Cupcake Days™ each week throughout January and February.
About National Cupcake Day™
National Cupcake Day™ is a coordinated Canadian event to support local shelters, SPCAs, and Humane Societies. In 2018, animal lovers across Canada raised over $700,000 in support of their favourite Societies. The campaign has raised $3.15 million to date!
Register for National Cupcake Day™ and host your own Cupcake Party at home, school*, work, or anywhere you think people will enjoy a tasty treat! Your guests donate to the participating animal welfare charity of your choice, in exchange for a delicious cupcake. Can’t get everyone together? No problem! Collect funds online and get cupcakes to your donors at your convenience or send a virtual cupcake with a heartfelt thank you!
National Cupcake Day™ is Monday, February 25, 2019, but you can hold your party on whatever day works best for you! The event is supported by the Ontario SPCA on behalf of participating local shelters, SPCAs, and Humane Societies.
Save a puppy, kitten or pony and make everyone’s day a little brighter with a scrumptious treat. What could be sweeter?