UPDATE: Welland & District SPCA officers pick up a severely emaciated and neglected 9-month-old black labrador / border collie type dog
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - September 12, 2016 (Welland, ON) *** UPDATE 1***On September 6, 2016, at approximately 5:30 PM the Welland and District SPCA responded to the area of George Street and Thompson Creek Court in Dunnville for reports of a confined stray dog. Upon arrival, officers picked up a severely emaciated and neglected 9-month-old black labrador / border collie type dog. The dog was brought to a veterinarian and is currently under the care of the Welland and District SPCA.
***UPDATE*** On September 12, 2016 the Welland and District SPCA filed charges against a male, and female resident of Dunnvile. Each party has been charged with the following offences;
1) Fail to comply with prescribed standards of care by failing to provide care necessary for an animals general welfare.
2) Fail to comply with prescribed standards of care by failing to provide food and water.
3) Fail to comply with prescribed standards of care by failing to provide veterinary care.
4) Did cause an animal to be in distress.
5) Did permit an animal to be in distress.
The individuals are set to appear in court on December 2, 2016 at 1PM at the Cayuga Court house.
John Greer (Executive Director)
Incident # 11941
706 East Main Street
Phone: (905) 735-1552
Toll Free: 1-888-222-0568
Fax: (289) 820-5191
WELLAND & DISTRICT SPCA