The Ontario SPCA reminds pet owners to be prepared
KIRKLAND LAKE, ON (Friday May 25, 2012) - The Ontario SPCA strongly encourages each pet owner to act now to ensure their pet can be cared for during a home evacuation.
The following are suggested options for pet owners:
• Call and arrange temporary housing with a vet or boarding facility.
• Arrange with family or friends to care for your pet during this time.
• Make arrangements to temporarily relocate to a pet friendly hotel.
Be prepared with the following supplies when temporary relocating your animal:
• Leash, muzzle, harness
• Litter pan, litter, plastic bags and scooper
• Pet carrier and/or a familiar crate
• Medical records, Veterinarian’s name and contact number
• Medications and a pet first aid kit
• Information on your pets temperament/behaviour, medical concerns
• ID tags and Micro chip number
The Ontario SPCA encourages pet owners to act now and be prepared.
Investigation & Communications Officer
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society:
Protecting animals since 1873, Ontario SPCA is Ontario's Animal Welfare organization. A registered charity comprised of over 50 Communities, Ontario SPCA relies on donations to fund animal protection, care and rehabilitation; veterinary services; community outreach; advocacy; and humane education.
Ontario SPCA is mandated under the Ontario SPCA Act to enforce animal welfare legislation and the Act provides Ontario SPCA Agents and Inspectors with police powers to do so.
Ontario SPCA provides leadership in animal welfare innovations including introducing high-volume spay/neuter services to Ontario and opening the Provincial Education and Animal Centre.
Adopt • Learn • Volunteer • Donate
Charitable Business Number 88969 1044 RR0002