AnimalSmart™ Day – November 12th, 2021
Humane education is more than just being kind to animals. It is about instilling in the next generation of thinkers and leaders, deep respect and compassion for the interconnectedness and well-being of people, animals, and the environment.
AnimalSmart™ Day is an opportunity for educators to learn from Indigenous speakers, classroom teachers and innovative non-profits. The sessions will inspire delegates to bring new approaches to educating and inspiring youth for a healthy future for all. Registration is FREE!
Busy on November 12th? No problem! As a registered delegate, you can take advantage of this incredible learning opportunity by watching the recorded sessions on-demand during your scheduled PD day or whenever best suits your schedule.
Who should attend?
- All teachers – virtual, in-class and at home
- Humane educators
- Educational Consultants
- Youth leaders
- Representatives of child and youth Community Organizations
- Education enthusiasts
- Anyone passionate about social justice, the well-being animals and the health of the Earth
What can you expect?
- Learning centered in humane education as it relates to the interconnected nature of people, animals, and the environment
- Sessions that focus on reconciliation, diversity, equity and inclusion, the weaving of Indigenous Perspectives into lessons, and the development of critical thinking skills
- Hear about how our relationships with animals can promote the development of social-emotional skills and inspire social justice-mindedness in children and youth
- Opportunities to connect and reflect with other members of the teaching community