November 12th, 2021
Humane education is more than just being kind to animals. It is about instilling in the next generation of thinkers and leaders, deep respect and compassion for the interconnectedness and well-being of people, animals, and the environment.
AnimalSmart™ Day is an opportunity for educators to learn from Indigenous speakers, classroom teachers and innovative non-profits. The sessions will inspire delegates to bring new approaches to educating and inspiring youth for a healthy future for all. Click here to learn more about AnimalSmart™ ’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation in education.
We hope you will join us for the live sessions that will allow you to connect and reflect with other educators. There are even some fun prizes to win!
Most sessions will be recorded and will be available on-demand to all registered delegates until December 31, 2021. You’ll be able to re-watch your favourite sessions and get caught up on those you might have missed!
Busy on November 12th? No problem! As a registered delegate, you can take advantage of this incredible learning opportunity by watching the recorded sessions on-demand during your scheduled PD day or whenever best suits your schedule!
Be sure to mark your calendars if you:
» Want to be inspired by change leaders and think big for students
» Want professional development in humane education, experiential learning and social justice
» Want to be part of Reconciliation and learn how to incorporate Indigenous Perspectives into lessons
» Want to connect with the teaching community to share challenges and opportunities for real-world education
» Want to do more than hope for a better world; you want to be a part of building it!
Who should attend?
- All teachers – virtual, in-class and at home
- Humane educators
- Educational Consultants
- Youth leaders
- Representatives of child and youth Community Organizations
- Education enthusiasts
- Anyone passionate about social justice, the well-being animals and the health of the Earth
What can you expect?
- Learning centered in humane education as it relates to the interconnected nature of people, animals, and the environment
- Sessions that focus on reconciliation, diversity, equity and inclusion, the weaving of Indigenous Perspectives into lessons, and the development of critical thinking skills
- Hear about how our relationships with animals can promote the development of social-emotional skills and inspire social justice-mindedness in children and youth
- Opportunities to connect and reflect with other members of the teaching community
What does it cost to attend?
- Registration is FREE for all and will provide you with access until December 31, 2021.
What does registration include?
- Access to the live conference event on Friday, November 12, 2021
- Opportunity for live Q&A with our inspiring speakers
- Exclusive access to sessions, and resources on demand until December 31, 2021.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society’s AnimalSmart™ humane education program promotes a sense of responsibility and inspires connection with animals, the environment and one another.
To learn more about the AnimalSmart™ program and to view or download the resources for free visit animalsmart.ca