How to introduce your dog to a new dog
When it comes to making new friends, everybody could use some help – even our dogs! In this video, we show you how to introduce your dog to a new dog properly.
Watch to learn more!
Here are a few of the simple steps to introduce two dogs
If at any point either of the dogs show signs of aggression, stop the activity immediately.
- Always have treats on hand
- Start by having the dogs stand two or three meters away from each other so they can see each other but not interact physically.
- Begin walking the dogs in parallel lines to each other, at each turn bring the dogs a little closer together.
- Once the dogs are close enough to each other, allow them to smell one another, this is the strongest way dogs experience the world.
- If the dogs seem calm and happy, allow them to continue meeting each other and reward them with a treat.
There you have it! We hope you can take these tips into your neighbourhoods and doggy-parks and make some new friends.
Let us know what you think of the video in the comments below! You can also share with us your video ideas; you never know, we might create our next video based on your idea!
We have supported the OSPCA since 1951
We have supported OSPCA since our arrival in Canada in 1951. Keep up the greatest T.L.C. for animals.