Licking Into Shape: The Importance of Pet Grooming
It’s not all vanity! Your pet needs grooming just as much as you do, for not only visual effects, but also for their physical and mental wellbeing!
To learn more about how to effectively groom your pet, check out our blog: Grooming for the good of your pet. Or read our summary of the post below!
Reasons grooming is important
- In the wild, canine and feline species use grooming as a social tool and a way to positively interact with their pack or pride: Canines will often chew on natural objects which helps with oral care, while felines will use trees or other hard objects to sharpen their nails.
- Solitary pets in homes rely on their owners to fill that social void and the benefits grooming provides for them.
- Regular grooming will help you find any lumps or injuries that may need veterinary attention.
How to do it
- Don’t procrastinate! Be proactive and schedule time for grooming.
- Keep is short – ensuring it’s an enjoyable experience for both of you.
- There are many brushes to choose from, try a few out or ask for advice from other pet owners to find one your pet enjoys!
- Always make sure your cat has access to a scratching post so they are free to sharpen their claws
- Some vets recommend keeping up with oral care as well. Talk to your vet about products and methods to use before attempting this at home.
Read the full article HERE!
Thank you for your dedication
Thank you for your dedication to helping the animals. Every animal deserves a loving home and to be treated royally. Just imagine a day without animal cruelty. What a wonderful day that would be!