CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Change for Animals Conference, hosted by the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, is pleased to announce that we have opened up spaces for abstract submissions for our 2022 event.
Please note our 2022 event will be held virtually.
- September 24, 2021, 11:59pm EST – Abstract submission deadline
- October 18, 2021 (week of) – Notification of abstract review outcome
- January 31, 2022 – Deadline for submitting required program and speaker details
- May 2, 2022 – All presentation materials due (i.e. final PowerPoint, handouts, videos)
- June 1 & 2, 2022 – Change for Animals Conference
*Dates are subject to change
Themes & Topics:
The Change for Animals Conference aims to inspire, engage and connect individuals and organizations to create change to shape the future of animals. Submissions may address any non profit or animal welfare related topic, but preference will be given to abstracts that focus on one or more of the below listed topics.
How to Submit
- Abstracts must be submitted on or before the September 24, 2021, 11:59pm EST deadline to Conference@ontariospca.ca
- Abstracts should be submitted in a Word or PDF document.
- The total length of the abstract should be 250 words.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- When using abbreviations within the body of the abstract, please spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
- Abstracts should not contain graphics or charts.
- Each submission must include:
- Three learning objectives
- Learning objectives must indicate what the participants will learn from the presentation in terms of knowledge, skills or attitudes and must clearly describe what participants will be able to do differently after attending the session.
- Speaker information
- Bio (150-200 words)
- Full name, including any qualifications or titles
- Contact information
- Confirmation of receipt of a submission will be sent within 24 business hours.
General Session Information
- Presentation types include courses, symposia and workshops.
- Concurrent sessions will be approximately 45 minutes in length, inclusive of question and answer period with the audience, with the opportunity (if scheduling allows) for back to back sessions if required for a maximum of 2 sessions.
- Keynote sessions will be approximately 60 minutes in length, inclusive of question and answer period with the audience.
- Presentations should be delivered in English.
- Financial support for part or all of the programming must be disclosed at the time of submission.
- Presenters should be comfortable with delivering presentations virtually.
Evaluation of Abstracts
- All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the 2022 Conference Committee. In the event that expert review is required, the Committee will submit the abstract for blind peer review to the subject matter expert of its choosing.
For additional information about the abstract submission process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.