All animals appreciate some exposure to the great outdoors. Social, gregarious cats, who thrive on novel stimulation will benefit the most from outdoor environments. Reserved and shy cats can also benefit.
Don’t forget to monitor your cats closely when they are outdoors. The outdoor enclosure should have access to indoor housing or hiding spaces so the cat, especially the reserved and shy cat, can make a choice that’s right for him.
Outdoor enclosures must have:
- A variety of perches and resting areas
- Several hiding places
- Areas that provide some shade
- Protection from the elements
- Water source available at all times
- Enclosed tops
- Secure latches and doors to prevent escape
- A variety of toys should be available…this is a great place for a bubble machine!