Microchip Implant Procedure
Click here for Microchip Implanting Procedure training video
- Always have two people and use proper animal restraint to administer the microchip safely.
- Scan the microchip to ensure that it is active. Ensure that the microchip number matches that of the stickers and tags.
- Attach the microchip/needle combination onto the microchip gun provided.
- Remove the protective cover from the needle.
- Gently grasp and lift a fold of skin between the shoulder blades to expose the subcutaneous space.
- Insert the needle quickly into the skin. Inject the microchip into the subcutaneous space. Rotate the needle 90 degrees before withdrawing.
- Remove the needle and observe for blood or a misplaced microchip.
- Dispose of the needle into the sharps container.
- Scan the animal to ensure the microchip is accurately registering and placed appropriately.