Celebrate your puppy love this Valentine’s Day with gifts that give back to animals in need
Stouffville, ON (February 12, 2024) – Feline in love? Show that special somebunny in your life that you care this Valentine’s Day with a gift that gives back to animals in need. The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has five gifts that animal loving person in your life is sure to appreciate.
- Punny e-cards – Send an e-card to a loved one through the Ontario SPCA’s pawsandgive.ca online giving store. Choose from classic Valentine’s Day designs or get punny with options like “You are my furr-ever,” “I woof you!” and more.
- Gifts that give back – If you prefer giving a gift, pawsandgive.ca also has gifts! From fun t-shirts to gifts for your furry friends, there’s something for everyone.
- Bring love to an animal’s life – If you’ve been thinking of adopting, give an animal the gift of a loving forever home. Visit ontariospca.ca/adopt to see animals patiently waiting for a family to love. Remember, animals are a lifetime commitment, so do your research first. Welcoming a furry friend into your life should be a family decision, not a surprise gift.
- Symbolic gifts – Not in a position to adopt? Help an animal find love with a symbolic gift. You can give Toys to Shelter Pets, help stock a Pet Food Pantry, or help a dog who needs additional support with a Gift of Dog Rehabilitation.
- Bake a difference – Give your sweetheart some cupcakes and donate to the Ontario SPCA in celebration of Cupcake Day, which takes place Feb. 26 but can be celebrated any day in February. Or register and host a cupcake (or pupcake!) party to share the love with all your friends. Visit cupcakeday.ca
As a registered charity, the Ontario SPCA does not receive annual government funding and depends on the generosity of donors to provide care and shelter to animals in need. This Valentine’s Day, give a gift that will change an animal’s life. What could be sweeter?
To learn more, visit ontariospca.ca
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
905-898-7122 x 375
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity that has been changing the lives of animals for over 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario. It values all animals and advocates to treat them with respect and kindness. The Society strives to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services, such as sheltering and adoptions, including emergency sheltering, feral cat management programs, animal transfers, food distribution, humane education, animal advocacy, and spay/neuter services.
The Ontario SPCA does not receive annual government funding and relies on donations to provide programs and services to help animals in need. To learn more, or to donate, visit ontariospca.ca. Charitable Business # 88969-1044-RR0002.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society Provincial Office sits on the traditional territory of the Wendat, the Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha and Alderville First Nations and the Métis Nation. This territory was the subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. The treaties that were signed for this particular parcel of land are collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923.
For every animal you save
For every animal you save, every animal who feels loved in their last moments, and for everything else you do; thank you and God Bless.