Want to make an in-kind donation to animals in our care? Listed below are items the animals need on an ongoing basis. Thank you for your support!
Interested in receiving a charitable tax receipt for your new, unopened items? Please be sure to bring a purchase receipt with you when you donate your items to show the value of items you are donating.
Click on the type of donation below to learn what the animals need the most!
FOOD FOR DOGS & CATS
Dog and cat food is currently provided for the animals thanks to the generous support of Royal Canin, and the majority of animals in our care are fed only Royal Canin diets. However, sometimes animals require special veterinary diets for specific health conditions. If you are interested in donating food for animals in these situations, or have unopened, leftover food to donate from an animal with a specialized diet, please call your closest shelter to make arrangements.
Food for specialized diets (Hypo-allergenic, Urinary S/O) can usually be purchased from your local veterinary clinic.
Gift cards are also a great way to help the animals, allowing us to purchase supplies as the need arises. The following is a list of companies that supplies are frequently purchased from.
- Global Pet Foods
- Pet Valu
- Home Hardware
- Home Depot
- Canadian Tire
- Your local grocery store
CAT WISH LIST
Did you Know? Cat food balls encourage cats to forage for their food instead of eating all at once, it’s an engaging part of cat enrichment programming in the animal centre.
- Cat food balls – There are many types and all are great!
- Cat toys – small toys for the cats in their kennels and for when volunteers are playing with cats
- Kitty litter – regular clay (we use only clay litter; we are unable to use clumping type)
DOG WISH LIST
Did you Know? Each dog in our care has their own Halti to be used on walks and when training!
- 6′ nylon leashes
- Mini Zukes – used to treat the dogs during training
- Strong, durable and washable dog toys
- All sizes of Kongs or rope toys
- Rawhide chews for dogs
- “Halti” head halters in sizes small and medium
- Small, medium and large dog collars – buckle type
SMALL PET WISH LIST
Did you Know? Fresh veggies add fun and variety to the diet of small animals in our care!
- Aspen shavings
- Timothy hay
- Carefresh small animal bedding
- Martin Little Friend rabbit food
- Fresh veggies – endive, red & green peppers
- Rabbit toys
GENERAL SHELTER SUPPLIES
Did you Know? We do 4-5 industrial loads of laundry per day in each of our animal centres!
- Powder form laundry detergent, for high-efficiency washers
- Gifts cards for gasoline – helps fuel our shelter vehicle to transport animals to and from veterinary appointments
- Paper Supplies – toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels