Join us! The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a wide variety of employment opportunities supporting animal welfare across the province of Ontario. Employment opportunities are updated frequently so visit our website regularly. The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity with a provincial office in Stouffville. The Society supports communities throughout Ontario. The following opportunity is available at the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society Provincial Office.
Registered Veterinary Technician – Barrie (2 positions)
The Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Ontario SPCA) is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Stouffville and supports close to 50 communities throughout Ontario. The following opportunity is available at the Marion Vernon Memorial Clinic in Barrie, Ontario.
2 Positions available
Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)/Reception Hybrid role
Barrie – Marion Vernon Memorial Clinic
Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Barrie – Marion Vernon Memorial Clinic
Full-Time Contract (approx. 16 months) Covering a maternity leave
Enjoy assisting in surgery? Tired of late-night and weekend hours? Enjoy providing positive client services?
Seeking an experienced RVT, confident and caring, to assist in high-volume spay/neuter surgeries based on the ASPCA’s gold standard Humane Alliance model (www.aspca.org/humane-alliance).
Our clinics have performed over 100,000 surgeries since 2009, helping reduce the pet over-population in Ontario. We are looking for a skilled RVT who has an interest in animal welfare and is quality-driven, to be responsible for assisting the staff veterinarians with all aspects of surgical procedures and treatment, making appointments, greeting clients, taking payments and performing general administrative and clinic operations. You will also be responsible for the care of animals housed in the hospital and the general cleanliness of the hospital. You will be surrounded by professional, competent, compassionate and quality-driven individuals and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment. Predictable daytime hours with competitive compensation. CE opportunities available.
Candidates require previous employment experience in a veterinary clinic, including surgical and reception experience, and have strong animal care knowledge. Successful applicants will have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Uniforms are provided. Candidates must be able to work occasional Saturdays.
This is an opportunity available for a unique individual who is interested in promoting animal welfare by combating the pet over-population crisis as well as aiding in the care of shelter animals, and is currently registered with the OAVT and in good standing.
*Please note that the successful incumbent will spend approximately 50% of their time in the role of RVT and 50% of their time in the role of Reception.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by September 30, 2019 to:
Manager Spay/Neuter Services
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote either “RVT Hybrid” or “RVT Permanent” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com
Director of Finance (ACA3) – Stouffville
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity with a provincial office in Stouffville. The Society supports communities throughout Ontario. The following opportunity is available at the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society Provincial Office.
POSITION: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Finance & Information Technology
Are you ready to take the next step in your professional career? Perfect opportunity for a controller or finance manager that is ready for the next step. This position manages the teams that are responsible for all general accounting functions as well as donor financial services. Candidate must have CPA & NFP experience.
As a valued member of the Finance Department, this position manages the teams that are responsible for all general accounting functions as well as donor financial services.
- Manage month-end accounting process including approval of account reconciliations and monthly journal entries
- Prepare and analyze financial reports including monthly financial statements and variance analysis
- Oversee daily cash flow and management of investments
- Oversee the year-end and audit process including approval of year-end entries, review of audit schedules and preparation annual financial statements
- Assist in the budget process including the preparation of the budget packages and upload into the GL
- Manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Manage the Donor Financial Services team including oversight of all donation processing and tax receipting functions
- Manage the Provincial Office’s maintenance positon
- Maintain financial system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) including GL chart of accounts and accounting mapping for financial reporting (JET Reports)
- Work with the other departments to ensure the accurate maintenance of the financial configuration for their respective information system
- Oversee material reporting and compliance requirements with regulatory organizations
- Oversee the administration of municipal contracts and other material contracts
- Review and monitors established policies, procedures and internal controls
- Project management, as assigned and required
- CPA designation required
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- +5 years experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision & JET Reports is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate PowerPoint /Word Skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills with proven supervisory skills
- Detail and process orientated with strong analytical skills
- Must be a team player
If you have a passion for animal welfare and possess the required qualifications, please forward your resume and cover letter by email before September 30, 2019 to:
AnneMarie Dupuis CHRP
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please Quote “Director, Finance” in the subject line
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org