Join us! The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society has a wide variety of employment opportunities supporting animal well-being across the province of Ontario. Employment opportunities are updated frequently so visit our website regularly.
Canada Summer Jobs for Youth HRDC: Veterinary Assistant
aThe Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Ontario SPCA) is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Stouffville and supports close to 50 communities throughout Ontario. The following opportunity is available at the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society Marion Vernon Clinic with additional support provided to the Barrie Animal Shelter.
Canada Summer Jobs for Youth HRDC – Veterinary Assistant
Canada Summer Jobs ID: #3275999
Temporary position: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Hourly Wage Rate
14.00 per hour
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Tasks and Responsibilities
Daily Care and maintenance of animals housed within the clinic -which includes feeding and cleaning cages, monitoring of anesthesia, pre and post-operative care of the animals. Assisting with restraint for physicals & documenting findings. Light building maintenance – including mopping floors, laundry. Customer service-related activities which include answering inquiries, animal intake, collecting client/patient info and booking appointments for all community population.
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Legally able to work in Ontario
- Prior work with animals
- Good problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast passed environment
The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Contact the employer to learn more about the job and apply. You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
This is an opportunity available for a unique individual who is interested in promoting animal welfare by combating the pet over-population crisis as well as aiding in the care of shelter animals.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by August 1, 2020 to:
Manager, Marion Vernon Clinic
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
- Please specify “Vet Asst CSJ” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com