Ontario SPCA animal centres and spay/neuter services will be closed to the public until further notice.
For urgent or essential services, the public may arrange an appointment at any Ontario SPCA location by calling 310-SPCA during regular business hours.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society Spay/Neuter Services are a high-volume, self-sustaining operation. The public, shelters and rescue groups are welcome, regardless of geography or income level. The pet overpopulation issue is a direct result of animals left unaltered, so spay or neuter your pet today!
- The pet overpopulation issue is a direct result of animals left unaltered
- Thousands of homeless animals across the province end up in shelters
- Spaying and neutering is a straightforward medical procedure with many health benefits, including the reduction in the risk of developing certain cancers and illnesses
- Data collected at our spay neuter services shows that >50% of spay/neuter clients have no previous relationship with a veterinarian
To make an appointment at one of our two locations:
- 905-898-6112 (Ontario SPCA Centre Veterinary Hospital, Stouffville – just outside of Newmarket)
- 705-734-9882 (Ontario SPCA Marion Vernon Memorial Animal Clinic, Barrie)
Please note that our spay/neuter services are temporarily closed to the public to help slow and stop the spread of COVID-19. As a result, wait times for appointment bookings have increased beyond what is currently posted.
Our spay/neuter services will be in touch with anyone who had an appointment booked to make them aware that appointment times will have to change due to the precautionary measure to close our clinics. We will do our best to resume appointments as soon as possible and appreciate your patience during this challenging time.
The health, safety and well-being of our visitors, staff, volunteers and animals remains our priority. We want you to stay safe, and healthy, and we look forward to serving you again soon.