Less than a week till the sweetest day of the year! It’s not too late to participate or donate
We can barely contain our excitement – National Cupcake Day™ for SPCAs and Humane Societies is next Monday! If you haven’t hosted your cupcake party yet, don’t worry; there’s still time to save animals by doing something sweet.
To help you prepare for the big day, here are some helpful baking tips:
Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature (eggs, butter, milk, buttermilk).
- Weighing ingredients on a digital scale is the most accurate way of measuring.
- Cream butter or coconut oil and sugar (for approximately 5 minutes) until very pale and fluffy.
- Whisk dry ingredients together before adding to wet ingredients.
- Always start with dry ingredients when alternating with wet ingredients (3 dry additions, 2 wet).
- Don’t over mix once dry ingredients are added. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Always wait for the oven to reach the correct temperature before baking.
- Use the middle rack in your oven and rotate your cupcakes or cakes halfway through baking.
- Remove cupcakes from pan immediately after baking and place on a wire rack for cooling.
For more tips, click here.
Happy baking to everyone participating!
About National Cupcake Day™
Now in its sixth year, National Cupcake Day is a sweet fundraising event presented in partnership by the Ontario SPCA and the BC SPCA in support of local SPCAs and Humane Societies across the country.
Proceeds from National Cupcake Day help the Ontario SPCA support our furry friends, big and small, who have been abused, abandoned, or are in need of a new home. The campaign has raised $2.45 million to date, with $600,000 raised last year by animal lovers across Canada.
Register today and start fundraising: nationalcupcakeday.ca
Your dedication and support
It is with and because of your dedication and support that helpless animals are being saved. Thank you for everything.