5 questions with an Ontario SPCA foster parent
Interested in being a foster parent with the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society? We sat down with Danielle Matar, longtime volunteer and foster parent, for the inside scoop on all things fostering!
Watch and learn about her experience, and why she’s so passionate about what she does.
Foster caregivers must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Attend required training
- Have access to transportation
- Complete a foster care application and sign a foster care agreement
- Sign up as an “on-deck” foster, ready to pick up your animal within a 36-hour timeframe
- Be able to set aside time (as often as every two weeks) to bring your foster animal in for follow-up vaccinations and spay/neuter surgery
- Take on the responsibility for routine care in your home during the foster period
- Ensure that animals can be fostered in your home
Learn more requirements here: https://ontariospca.ca/blog/foster-volunteers-needed/
Three cheers for the volunteers!
Three cheers for the volunteers! Keep doing wonderful work, thank you!