Five Christmas activities to do with pets
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We are sharing a few activities to do with your human, and furry family members this holiday season!
- Go for a short, brisk walk with your fur baby to enjoy the lights in your neighborhood! Nothing like some twinkly lights to help spread the holiday cheer.
- Cuddle up with your cat by the fire and put on a favourite holiday movie to watch together.
- If there’s snow where you are in Ontario, get outside to enjoy it! Build a snowman or make some snow angels. Make sure to dress for the weather, and watch for signs your furry friend is getting too cold too.
- Make or buy a special holiday toy for our companion animals to help boost their indoor enrichment on cold days. Such as food puzzles, or cat wands (to use under supervision!), etc.
- Have an at-home “spa” day and include your furry friend in the fun! Try bathing your dog at home. Here’s our resource on Fear Free® nail trims.
There are a few Christmas activity ideas for your holiday fun with your companion animals. We wish you a happy, and safe holiday!
We have supported the OSPCA since 1951
We have supported OSPCA since our arrival in Canada in 1951. Keep up the greatest T.L.C. for animals.