Halloween Safety Tips
Boo! Are you scared yet?
Halloween is right around the corner! You may find yourself making plans to take the kids trick-or-treating or buying lots of goodies at the grocery store to give out to little kiddies. No matter what your plans are, take a few moments to review these essential pet safety tips.
- Halloween treats are for humans, not pets! Chocolate in all forms can be very dangerous for dogs and cats.
- Candy containing sweetener xylitol can cause problems for pets. Keep them away from all candy!
- Pumpkins and decorative corn can upset pet’s stomachs. Make sure they don’t eat them!
- Dressing your pets up? Be sure costumes fit and there are no loose bits for pets to choke on.
- Pets should be kept away from the front door. Too many strangers can be scary/stressful for pets.
- Keep wires and cords from electric lights and other decorations out of reach of your pets.
- Exercise caution if you choose to add a candle to your pumpkin. Pets can easily knock it over!
- Make sure your pet has proper ID. If your pet escapes and becomes lost it can be a lifesaver.
Following these simple tips, can help keep your furry family member safely out of harm’s way on this exciting night.
For more Halloween pet safety tips, check out Pet Poison Helpline’s article.
Thank you so much for all you do
Thank you so much for all you do every day to rescue animals in need. I can’t imagine the terrible situations that you see every day. It is great that you have the heart to help. Keep up the good work.