How volunteers are impacting animals in need across the province
To wrap up this year’s National Volunteer Week, we want to share some incredible statistics to give you an idea of just how amazing our volunteers are!
In 2017 …
- The Ontario SPCA had approximately 850 volunteers donating their time across the province.
- Over 16,000 volunteers hours were logged by volunteers.
- Volunteers performed over 4,500 dog walks.
- Ontario SPCA Midland & District Animal Centre logged the most volunteer hours.
- Ontario SPCA Renfrew County Animal Centre had the largest volunteer program.
We encourage our staff and visitors to value volunteers all year-round, but this week especially make sure to give a smile, or a thank you, to the volunteers you see around you!
Interested in volunteering?
If you’re interested in volunteering at one of our Animal Centres, we’d love to have you on board! Visit this site for more information on volunteering and our organization.
Happy National Volunteer Week!
Speaking for the ones who can’t speak for themselves
Keep up the good work speaking for the ones who can’t speak for themselves. A society who cares for their animals is a better society. Thanks for your good work!