Low-Cost Rabies Vaccination and Microchipping Clinic
***This post is from April 2015, please stay tuned for our 2016 dates for the rabies and microchip clinics, thank you***
Now that spring is here, it’s time to check your pet’s health records and get ready for spring vaccinations. Did you know that Ontario law requires all cats and dogs over the age of three months to be vaccinated against rabies?
- All warm-blooded animals, including humans, can be infected
- Rabies is a reportable disease – if an animal is suspected of being rabid or an animal(s) has been exposed to rabies, it is the law to report it
- Incubation period varies from 2 weeks to several months.
- If a person is bitten by an animal, wash the wound or exposed surface with soap and water, remove clothing that may be contaminated, contact your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Rabies is fatal once clinical signs appear
This clinic is for rabies vaccinations and microchipping only. The fee is $20.00 per vaccination or microchip, and payment is cash only. For safety reasons, dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier, and cats must be in a carrier. First come, first serve.
Remember: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure!
All of your wonderful staff & volunteers totally rock. The amazing compassion and work you provide on a daily basis is incredible.