Sault Ste. Marie woman convicted of six counts of animal cruelty
IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Sault Ste. Marie, ON (June 16, 2017) – A 53-year-old Sault Ste. Marie woman has been found guilty of six counts of animal cruelty under the Ontario SPCA Act following an investigation into the treatment of horses in her care. On June 8, 2017 at a Provincial Offenses Court in Sault Ste. Marie, Rebecca Hurley was convicted of six counts of animal cruelty under the Ontario SPCA Act:
- Permitting an animal to be in distress
- Failing to provide the care necessary for general welfare
- Failing to provide adequate and appropriatefood and water
- Failing to provide medical attention
- Failing to provide adequate and appropriateresting and sleeping area
- Failing to comply with an Order
Thank you for your dedication
Thank you for your dedication to helping the animals. Every animal deserves a loving home and to be treated royally. Just imagine a day without animal cruelty. What a wonderful day that would be!
Sign up for news and updates
Thank you for joining our online community.