Thanksgiving Safety Tips
We all know Thanksgiving can be a hectic time for everyone. Coordinating family, finding the perfect turkey and cooking all the fixings takes up most of our time. We can’t forget to keep our pet’s safe though! Have a read through these short Thanksgiving pet safety tips to make sure your pet stays safe!
- Keep sage and many other herbs away from pets. They can cause gastrointestinal upset if eaten in large quantities.
- Don’t give your pet raw bread dough. An animal’s body heat causes dough to rise in his stomach causing vomiting, etc.
- If you’re baking up Thanksgiving cakes, be sure your pets keep their noses out of the batter.
- Don’t allow your pets to overindulge, as they could wind up with a case of stomach upset or diarrhea.
- While the humans are chowing down, give your cat and dog their own little feast!
- Make sure all garbage is secure and not left to tempt a pet when we aren’t looking.
- Pets are attracted to aluminum foil, wax paper and plastic wrap. These items can cause digestive issues if eaten.
- Some pets become nervous with all the excitement and may need a quiet refuge away from all the noise and excitement.
- If there will be lots of doors opened and closed, be careful that there are no escapes!
Your dedication and support
It is with and because of your dedication and support that helpless animals are being saved. Thank you for everything.