Tips to keep you and your pets safe this fall!
Keep your pets safe and comfortable this fall with these helpful safety tips!
If your pets are adventuring outside, make sure standards of care are being met by leaving out food and water and providing them with a suitable shelter.
- It’s starting to get darker sooner! So make sure if our walking your pets to have them clearly visible to traffic and passerby. Consider using reflective material in the collar or leash of your pet.
- Fall can also mean rain! So creeks and streams may be at a higher level than normal. Be cautious and maintain care and control at all times to ensure your pet is safe.
- Back to school! This also means your pet may want to snack on school supplies lying around, such as crayons, markers, glue, or pencils. These objects can be a choking hazard or can be toxic for your pet to ingest. Keep school supplies in areas where your pet can’t reach them and share this important tip with your children.
- Keep on the lookout for toxic mushrooms. If your pet eats a wild mushroom, contact your vet or animal poison control immediately.
- Tick season now stretches into November and even December. Get educated and learn what you need to know about ticks to protect your pets.
Have a look at last year’s fall safety post and watch a video about this safety: VIDEO: Keep Your Pet Safe This Fall With These Pet Safety Tips.
Thank you so much for all you do
Thank you so much for all you do every day to rescue animals in need. I can’t imagine the terrible situations that you see every day. It is great that you have the heart to help. Keep up the good work.