It’s a great time of year to give back to causes important to you, including animals in need! Our virtual giving catalogue – pawsandgive.ca is one way to show animals you care.
Here are some frequently asked questions about our Paws and Give™ website to help you understand better how your gift makes a difference!
The gift you purchased, such as Care for a Cat or Kitten, is symbolic and not actually sent to your friends/family. However, to let them know that you have made a gift in their honour, you can either download and print a PDF certificate or send a personalized eCard.
Ordering is as easy as 1, 2, 3 – Choose a Gift, Check out from the Store, and Send your eCards(s) or Download your Certificate(s). It’s the easiest shopping you’ll do.
If you order Rocky & Friends plush toys, or other merchandise items, they will be shipped out within 3 business days of your purchase.
Paws & Give™ is one of the many ways the Ontario SPCA raises money to fund our programs across Ontario. While administration costs vary from year to year, the Ontario SPCA strives to ensure that our donor’s gifts are used effectively and to maximize program effectiveness. In our most recent, audited fiscal year – 2016 – here’s how donations were spent:
• 63.6% – Animal Care, Rescue & Relief™ Services and Investigation Services
• 15.7% – General Management and Administration
• 8.4% – Fundraising & Stewardship Programs
• 4.5% – Distributions to Animal Welfare Organizations
• 3.7% – Amortization
• 3.5% – Public Awareness and Humane Education
• 0.6% – Interest and bank charges
Symbolic (Virtual) gifts receive a tax receipt for the full amount of the gift.
- A plush toy is sold for $40 and comes with a $32 tax receipt. A plush toy add-on is sold for $20 and comes with a $12 tax receipt.
- The Plush Puppy Trio is sold for $100 and comes with a $76 tax receipt (Rocky, Maddison and Tyson).
- The All The Friends! is sold for $180 and comes with a $140 tax receipt (Rocky, Maddison, Tyson, Bear and Velvet).
- The 2018 Second Chances calendar is sold for $20 and comes with a $15 tax receipt.
- The 12-pk Animal-Themed Holiday cards are sold for $18 and come with a $12 tax receipt.
- The 24-pk Animal-Themed Holiday cards are sold for $25 and come with a $13 tax receipt.
- Merchandise including t-shirts, advent calendars, pet first aid kits, and pet bandanas are not eligible for a tax receipt.
Working closely with our communities, the Ontario SPCA team of experts are responsible for deciding where and which programs will receive the Paws & Give™ gifts. The decision where to direct the gift is determined by community needs and where the gift can do the most good.
The Ontario SPCA uses an encryption to protect the transfer of personal and financial information between your browser and our servers. When using the Ontario SPCA’s registration and donation pages, a small lock or key symbol in the status bar of your browser indicates that you are connected securely.
Personal information and financial transactions are stored on our secure database server. Stringent security guidelines are in place to protect this data, and its use and release. All other questions regarding privacy and how personal information is governed and managed by the Ontario SPCA can be answered by clicking on this link to our Privacy Statement .
Paws & Give™ is available all year round! When you are looking for a gift, whether it’s for a birthday, graduation, wedding or a holiday gift for your teacher, friend or co-worker, Paws & Give™ provides you with a variety of gift options that help animals all across the province as well as giving to your loved one.
For answers to more frequently asked questions CLICK HERE.